by Brandon Sudeyko (@intheoradio)
It is day 2 of ITO’s two round OHL Mock Draft, If you missed 39-30 you can get it here
For review purposes, here are the rules for the 2 round OHL Mock Draft. And don’t forget to click on the players names or team for ITO extras.
- No Sean Day – It is widely accepted that he would be picked first overall, so let’s take him out of the equation for this Mock Draft.
- No Americans – Not every participant in ITO’s OHL Mock Draft have had the same amount or an adequate amount of viewings to properly evaluate where they would be in the draft.
- Definition of ‘Canadians’ – Any player who is currently playing for an Ontario based team, or an American team in a Canadian loop (ie: Buffalo Regals, SCTA)
- Consensus Rankings – The rankings of each player has been weighted based on a few criteria to determine their placing.
- Votes – A player must be on 3 of the 5 submitted lists to be eligible, if all 39 selections have not been filled, we will revisit players with 2 votes, and do a revote to round out the top 39.
- Draft Order – The order will be based on the standings at the end of the day on Feb 9th.
With the rules firmly in place, let us take a look at the participants:
Thayne Hallyburton – Family Advisor, Millen Group: Thayne is a former member of the ITO team and has since moved on to greener pastures. Thayne has had his eye on Minor Midget talent for several years now, as well as having focus on NHL draft prospects across the CHL.
Sean Lafortune – Director of Scouting for TheScout.ca, OHL Regional Scout for McKeen’s Hockey: Sean has been watching and observing the Minor Midget age level since the 2009 OHL Priority Selection Draft (’93 birth year) and since that time become a trusted source for all things Minor Midget.
Mark Seidel – Chief Scout, North American Central Scouting: Mark has been around hockey for a long time. Without giving away his age, he has seen a lot of players come and go given his different roles at all levels of the game: Former Chief Scout: Owen Sound Attack, former Assistant GM: Erie Otters, former NHL Scout: Minnesota Wild, former NHL Draft insider: ESPN, Hockey Night in Canada and The Hockey News. A trusted voice when looking for information and analysis on individual players
Anonymous OHL Scout – OHL Team: To give you any information on this individual may tip off who he or she happens to be.
Brandon Sudeyko, President of ITO: Representing ITO, who has expanded their focus to the incoming draft class so OHL fans can become as familiar as possible with the next group of young stars.
Without further ado, here is today’s picks, 29-20...
|Toronto Jr. Canadiens|
|Elgin Middlesex Chiefs|
|Barrie Jr Colts|
|Don Mills Flyers|
|22||Sault Ste. Marie
|Toronto Jr. Canadiens|
|London Jr Knights Gold|
|20||Ottawa||Josh De Farias